Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dramatics.Dramatics.Dramatics.

When it comes down to it, I am a theatre geek. I love the stage, the lights, the make-up and believe it or not, I love the feeling of giving up everything else in your life for months at a time, to practice for one weekend on the stage. Yes, the sacrifices do get to me, the constant missed dinners with my family, as BabyBro says, "Sam, your going out AGAIN?" and the feeling of not knowing when I'm actually going to get to bed that night, because I have a test in the morning, and I don't get home form rehearsal until 10 o'clock. Yet, it's amazing how my fellow thespians become my adoptive family for the time being. Yes, I might have a test in the morning, but it doesn't matter, because I have my family at rehearsal waiting to help me with my homework on our dinner break. And I miss eating dinner with my family, but it makes early Sunday dinners at my AuntieStar's house,listening to your typical Italian family yell about how we forgot to eat the lobster tail pastry from BK with the espresso, that much more important. So, yes I might eat goldfish for dinner, and not have a set bedtime that week, but hey! I get the best of both worlds!

No comments: